Your friendly neighborhood Officer's council has rented a beautiful pavilion in York PA for our one-day Fauci-recommended outdoor Yule Extravaganza!
Festivities will take place at William Kain Park, in the Bass Pavilion in the Lake Redman activity Area. Please dress warmly, we have some outdoor heaters, warm drinks, and cheerful company to help but the pavilion is open air.
The gathering will include feasting, crafting, caroling, togetherness and a gift exchange! As well as virtual participation offerings and at least one yule tree.
Things to Bring:
- Warm clothing!
- A wrapped-gift valued at approx. $10 for a wacky-piratical in-person gift exchange.
- 48 of your favorite cookies, and copies of the recipe for them (if its not a family secret) [no printer, no problem e-mail recipe to admin by Dec 16th and we'll print it for you]
- Reusable mug to help save the planet.
- Your favorite mask(s)
- A comfortable camp chair, especially if you need a chair with a back, the pavilion only has picnic tables.
- 2 Friends! (we will have spares available)
Things to Leave at Home:
- Your Pets!
- Anyone feeling ill
- Possibly yourself- you know 'cause you're gonna hang with us virtually! ( I crack myself up)
- Alcohol- as is common at state and local parks alcohol is not permitted and I expect we will not see any!
8:30am- arrival and set-up
9:30am- Official Gathering Time! (aka. coffee and pastries)
10am- Opening Prayer
11:15-12:30: Crafts, caroling and workshops (detail tba)
12:30- Feast followed by Yule Ceremony
2pm-4pm- Workshops, Cookie Swap and Pirate Gift Exchange
4pm- Closing Prayer
4:15- Clean-Up and Take-Down (goodbye Darla)
We look forward to sharing the shortest day with you.
*As recommended by our Heath Advisory Comittee in-person attendees (12+) are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and we encourage everyone to wear a mask even out of doors.
(please note we do encourage the vaccination of children 5-11 but understand that availability and timing of the approval of the vaccine does not make it possible for all our youth to be vaccinated in time for Yule so they are exempt from the vaccine mandate at this time)